I recently received a tentative offer with the BLM as a permanent wildlife biologist. It mainly consists of habitat improvement so I won’t be actively surveying for animals, which I love doing. I have 3 days to accept and I am still waiting to hear on a few other jobs I interviewed with. Now this job was at the bottom of my wish list and I would gladly take any other job I applied to.
Another concern I have is it’s in a small town that has a relatively bad reputation when it comes to minorities. Now I don’t really have any first hand experience with racism but coworkers and some friends I’ve talked to have had at least 1 bad experience there. Would I stupid to turn it down? How bad would it look if I accepted and then turned it down if I get another offer?