Is it okay to end an internship early to go to another internship?

Hi all,
I am currently a college senior interning at one of the major Hollywood studios. I want to work in the entertainment industry, and I need some advice.
Three weeks ago, I was asked to do an interview and I accidentally turned it down because I am in the middle of an internship that is scheduled to end at the end of October, and I regretted it. I later called the recruiter back and explained my situation to her. Fortunately, she still scheduled the interview for me. I did the interview last Tuesday with the director of the department. Personally, I think it went pretty well. A few days later, I received a phone call from the recruiter, and she told me that they are still in the process of considering my application. She asked me when I could start, and I told her that my current internship ends at the end of October. She told me that she will talk to her boss about it, and she will let me know the decision by the end of this week.
I am wondering if let’s say they decide to give me an offer for the internship and want me to start at the beginning of October (on the website, it says it is from the beginning of October to the end of April next year), will it be bad if I end my current internship early? I do like my current internship, and I think my team likes me too. My current internship was supposed to end in August, but they decided to extend it for another two months. Currently, I know the current company I am at is on a hiring freeze, and my mentor, who is the head of the department, told my team during a meeting today that the company has decided to eliminate all the backfill roles, and it is not going to be easy for them to get new headcount even if someone leaves. I am graduating in May, so I am really hoping my next internship can turn into full time if I do my job well.
Hence, I am also wondering if I do get the internship offer, will it be bad if I leave my current internship early, and will it be appropriate if I ask the recruiter if their company is also on a hiring freeze for full time employee? From the interview I had with the head of the department, it sounds like the company is expanding. Also if they are also in a hiring freeze and my current internship decides to extend my internship again, will it look better on my resume that I interned at the same company longer or will be better if I have an extra line of job at a different company that I can talk about. Maybe I am thinking way too ahead now, since I haven’t actually received an offer yet, but I want to plan out what to tell the recruiter if I receive the good news from her at the end of the week.
Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you!
TLDR: Will it be bad if I end my current internship early to join another internship, and is it okay if I ask the recruiter if the company is on a hiring freeze?

View Reddit by OtotomanView Source